17 Statistics That Show The Undeniable Power of Video Marketing
Video is, undeniably, the most effective way to advertise a business. Not only do web users visitors spend more time on sites that have video, they actually buy more from them too. Video marketing is set to become one of the biggest marketing tactics in the coming years. The power of video marketing is undeniable. If you're not convinced, consider these statistics:
- In a keynote address at CES, YouTube’s Vice President of Global Content Robert Kyncl said that video would soon be 90% of Internet traffic. (Forbes)
- Over 800 million unique visitors head to YouTube each month.
- In 2011, YouTube had 140 views for each person on the planet, more than 1 trillion total.
- 500 years of YouTube video are watched every day on Facebook, and over 700 YouTube videos are shared on Twitter each minute.
- 100 million people take a social action on YouTube (likes, shares, comments, etc) every week.
- YouTube has become the second largest search engine in the U.S.
- In certain networks, video traffic is up to 69% of total traffic. Also, while the average subscriber uses YouTube and Facebook for roughly the same amount of time – about nine minutes per session – YouTube generates a staggering 350 times more traffic. Byte Mobile.
- iMEDIAconnection predicts video to reach 90% of all web traffic by 2014. Also, with a 41 percent higher click-through rate than plain text, according to Search Engine Watch, videos are integral to the success of any SEO strategy.
- TopRank finds that online video is expected to grow 55% this year and is the top format for content marketing
- Video content can increase the amount of time visitors spend on a webpage by over 200%.
- Videos are 53 times more likely than traditional web pages to receive an organic first-page ranking. (Forrester Research)
- Visitors who view product videos are 85% more likely to buy than visitors who do not. (Internet Retailer, April 2010)
- Visitors spend an average of 75% longer on websites with video (ComScore)
- The United States population will spend almost 39.7% more online watching time. That is roughly 193 million people who will watch about 29.4 hours in 2012. (ComScore)
- 41% of people took action after watching a video ad.– Iab and Ipsos Mendelsohn, August 2011
- Kissmetrics reports that video now appears in 70% of the top 100 search results listings.
- Consumers find online video 38% more memorable than ads on traditional TV according to comScore’s “2012 U.S. Digital Future in Focus”.
Evaluate your business' video marketing package. Could it use some fresh content? Screwpile Communications is offering FREE, HD video production for our inbound marketing clients. For more information click below:
Be sure to sign up and get our awesome marketing news and tips delivered right to you, no postage required! Subscribe HERE.
Join Medical Practice Inbound Marketing on Google+